About Bear Gulch Ranch
Seize this rare opportunity to own the historic 340+/- acre Bear Gulch Ranch, ideally located at the base of Longs Peak in Allenspark, only 15 minutes from Estes Park. The privately gated mountain retreat affords an enviable Rocky Mountain lifestyle with direct access to National Forest and parkland, plus eight miles of marked hiking trails, a stocked trout pond for fishing, and large equipment barn that can be retrofitted for horse enthusiasts. A year-round, spring-fed creek, The Tahosa, runs right through the property, which sits at an elevation of 8,900 feet.
Exceptionally improved and maintained, the striking main house is richly appointed with exquisite custom millwork, soaring ceilings, a gourmet chef’s kitchen featuring top-of-the-line appliances, and sun-soaked entertaining rooms boasting walls of windows framing panoramic mountain views. Additional improvements include a newly rebuilt 6,000-square-foot owner’s quarters with spa-like bath, fireplace, and terrace, in addition to a massive stone party deck, firepit, and generous bunkhouse that sleeps up to 12 guests. As an added benefit, owners have the ability to build at least three more structures on the property if desired.
Established in 1909, Bear Gulch Ranch was originally settled by Enos Mills who built and operated nearby Longs Peak Inn. He was primarily responsible for President Woodrow Wilson to proclaim the lands west of Estes Park as Rocky Mountain National Park. Enos was also the first man hired by the State of Colorado to take snowpack measurements in the Rockies to help predict seasonal moisture for Colorado farmers. He is well-known for raising two abandoned bear cubs named “Johnny and Jenny” on Bear Gulch Ranch as pets until four years of age. They later became famous residents of The Denver Zoo.
Today, the land is agriculturally zoned, sloped, and usable. Privately secluded with no easements, it is perfect for extended family vacations or corporate retreats. Private jets can land via Boulder or Ft. Collins airports, both south and north of the property, and the ranch is easily accessible year-round from county maintained Highway 7. Area recreation is abundant! Backcountry skiing or split-boarding are just minutes from your door in Estes Park. Eldora Resort is within an hour-and-a-half drive along the Peak-to-Peak scenic byway for avid skiers and snowboarders alike. Over a dozen major ski resorts for winter sports, plus gold-medal fly-fishing, are within a short drive.
The provenance of the ranch, coupled by the mix of aspen and conifer trees broken by a creek, pond, and grassy meadows offer a breathtaking place to unplug and reconnect with nature. Few offerings compare to the history and exceptional locale of Bear Gulch Ranch. Now is your chance to write your own chapter in history at the base of Longs Peak! Call today to experience the unrivaled beauty and lifestyle firsthand.
For more information on Bear Gulch Ranch contact Kerry Endsley of LIV Sotheby’s International Realty at 303-570-0267 or visit www.kerryendsley.com.
Property At a Glance
- About 340 acres
- Located at base of Long’s Peak between Allenspark and Estes Park
- Gated, private, no access easements on the property, so no neighbors driving through
- Year round access from county maintained Highway 7
- Completely rebuilt 6000 s.f. owner’s quarters
- 2 bedroom with large multipurpose room, stone party deck, built-in grill, and outdoor fireplace
- Direct access to National Forest and Rocky Mountain National Park
- 8 miles of marked hiking trails on the property
- Stocked trout pond
- Easy commute to services in Estes Park, Fort Collins, and Boulder
- Private jets can land in Boulder or Ft. Collins, south and north of the property
- Elevation 8900’
- Year round spring fed Tahosa Creek runs through the property
- Several wells on the property and separate water rights.
- In a conservation easement to preserve natural beauty in perpetuity. Agricultural zoning.
- Cool bunkhouse for guests. 4 bedroom; can sleep up to 12. Full kitchen.
- Can build at least three more structures on the property if desired
- Large equipment barn can be retrofitted for horses
- Fantastic property for extended family or small corporation retreat.
- Land is gently sloped and usable. Beautiful mix of aspens and conifer trees broken by creek, pond and grassy meadows.
- Very historical property, established 1909